If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Audio Book Review: Silver Flame By Karpov Kinrade

Silver Flame
(Vampire Girl #3)
By Karpov Kinrade

Narrated By: Laurel Schroeder & Joel Froomkin
Length: 6 hours and 54 minutes

You think it's safe to walk alone at night. It's not. You think the only threat is other humans. It's not. Monsters are real. Demons are real. Vampires are real. And I'm about to become one of them.

My name is Arianna Spero. I was an ordinary girl, living an ordinary life, until my mother lapsed into a coma. Now, I am her only hope. She made a deal with the devil, and on my 18th birthday he came to collect. But there's a way to save her. There's something the princes of hell want more than my mother. Me.

So I signed my soul away and promised to pick a prince to marry. I would take the blood oath, become one of them, and give them an heir. I would become a princess of hell, and my mother would live. I expected fire and brimstone. I expected pain and misery. I didn't expect beauty. I didn't expect magic. I didn't expect love. But the princes are keeping secrets from me. Secrets that could shatter everything.
Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon | B&N | iBooks |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my reviews)




My Review:


I was expecting so much more from this novel. The second book in this series has treachery and lies throughout the storyline and keeps you on your toes for the majority of the book. This book, unfortunately, doesn't follow that trend. It felt like a filler to extend this series into more books. What sealed the nail on the coffin in this book for me was the ending. That was a major turn off.

Arianna was boring this time around. She wasn't witty or smart about anything. There were times when she acted like a petulant child because she couldn't learn something that took most people years to master in 2 hours. 

Fenrus didn't feel like a part of the story anymore. He and Arianna are barely in proximity to each other during the whole novel. Nothing between them got progressed (if you don't count the somewhat irrational decision to finally sleep together after he had gone on and on about wanting to wait and take his time). It was one contradiction after the other.

I will most certainly be part of the unpopular opinion when it comes to judging if this book was worth it or not. I despised the ending and all the different character point of views (with the exception of Arianna and Fenrus). Instead of splitting up the story with different point of views it would have been better to get the characters to have a conversation about it when they finally met up. I dislike different point of views when it doesn't add anything important to the story.

The Audio Book:

The audio book was great. The narrations were very well executed and I could differentiate between characters for the majority of the time. Though I'm not a big fan of Joel Froomkin his voice has grown on me.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...