If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Friday, July 21, 2017

My Ramblings: Missing Books: Where Are They Now?


Missing Books: Where Are They Now?

* This post was inspired by Maryse and her blog post.

Reading Maryse's blog post made me realise that over the years I've curated a list of novels I've found digging through Goodreads that should have released years ago but never did. The synopsis of these novels were so good that I had to list them somewhere so I could remember to check back on them later. I just need to share this list with someone!
____________________________________
Fearless Fighter By Harlow Grace

I came upon this book while scouring Goodreads for books to read in 2015. At the time this book (I believe) had a possible release date. After a few months passed and nothing of this book actually releasing, I went searching for more information. The author's Goodreads page (as of scheduling this post) shows that she's adding friends and liking reviews as of June 2017. On her other social media though, it's a different story. Her official Facebook page's last post is of August 2015. Her Twitter page's last post is of September 2015. I sent her a Goodreads message in February of this year and haven't heard back from her as of scheduling this post. I just really would love to know if this book is ever going to release because, even though so much time has passed, I would still give it a chance.
____________________________________
Blaze (Fireborn #2) By Mari Arden

The first book in this series was so good! I would love to get a continuation to the story, but this author seems to have disappeared off the face of the internet. Her Goodreads page has a book marked as 'currently reading' as of January 2016. The last post on her website is from November 2013. There's a quote of the unreleased second novel on her blog under the 'Fireborn Series' tab, but no release date, update, or new information. Her Twitter page hasn't been updated since November 2013. Her Facebook page hasn't been updated since September 2015, BUT I found a comment asking about the second book to the Fireborn series and a reply from the author:


So, if I'm being optimistic, as of July 2015 she was still working on this book. I just wish she would give a more in depth update as to how it's coming along and if it'll ever release. I've reached out to the author via Facebook and haven't heard back as of scheduling this post.

Update: The author has responded to my message and has said that she still plans to release this novel. She's going through some personal matters at the moment. That's the reason this book has been delayed.
____________________________________
Rocked Out (Rocked #2) By Cora Hawkes

This novel dates back to 2013. The first novel that the author released was amazing! This novel was supposed to be released a few months later. The release date never came. Her author Facebook profile hasn't had a new post in years (2013). The comments range from 2013 to 2016 with people asking if this novel would still be released. The authors twitter hasn't been touched in years. The last update of this book is on her blog/website in the form of a post from July 2013. The comments on the post are the same (if not more rude and violent) as the ones on her Facebook page: Everyone want's an update! I've reached out to the author through her Facebook page and haven't heard back as of scheduling this post.
____________________________________
Nik (Band Of Brother #2) By Lyra Parish

This book was originally supposed to release a few months after the first. She stated that in a Goodreads question that she answered.


I found it strange that after she teased that the cover was gorgeous ( I vividly remember reading this somewhere), yet out of nowhere in the Goodreads synopsis the following pops up one day: "**THIS BOOK WILL NO LONGER BE PUBLISHED, I'm very sorry.**". It was updated on Feb. 28, 2017. Her last website post and Facebook post is from January of 2017. I couldn't find a justification for that quote anywhere on her official social media. I reached out to her through email a few weeks ago and have yet to hear back from her. I want to keep my hopes up, but with her disappearing from her social media, it's disheartening.
____________________________________
This post wasn't made with the intention to throw any author under the bus or to insight rude comments on their social media. If the author has backed out of the publishing world, that's their right and it deserves to be respected. Please be mindful of that in the comments!

If you have any news for any of the books/authors
mentioned in this post I'd love to hear it!
Feel free to tell me about it in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...