If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Friday, September 15, 2017

My Ramblings: True Blood Season 7 Ending (Rant)

Rant: True Blood Season 7 Ending

Over the last month or so I binged on the True Blood tv show thinking that I was going to fill the Vampire Diaries sized hole in my heart. I was right and wrong about that decision. I will admit that in the beginning, it was far less drama driven than the Vampire Diaries was, but everything started going down hill after a few seasons.

The first few seasons of this show had me intrigued. I don't know what went so wrong that the writers thought that that season 7 ending was good on some level. I'm at a loss with how everything ended and I can't help but feel that something is missing.

This show started off by showing you a line in the sand and promptly jumped over it with exaggerated and out there situations. That's what made the show so interesting. The line between everything was so very thin and the anticipation of what-can-I-expect-next was exhilarating. I hadn't watched a show that provoked that type of emotion from me.

The sad truth is that by season 5 I couldn't care less about most characters. Sookie was getting on my nerves, Sam was always on the run trying to help with situations, Hoyt and his mother were getting annoying and Jason seemed to change from a f*ckboy to a productive and respectful member of society in the span of one episode.

By season 6 I didn't know who the heck I was even rooting for to end up with Sookie. Every single one of her "bachelors" had their chance and every single one of them ended up either dying, being psychotic, or wanting her because she was "special". 

The ending Pam and Eric got was the only satisfying moment of the end of this show. I wanted to have seen more of Lafayette in the end though. He and Pam were the two character's that were never boring throughout the show. They always made serious situations sassy and comical with their special brand of humor.

I haven't read the Sookie Stackhouse books. I don't even know if I should at this point. I ended up despising most of the main characters in the show, why would the books be any different? 

Have you watched this show or read the books?
Do you have any feelings you'd like to share?
Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...