If you use an Adblocker please consider whitelisting this blog.
By viewing and/or clicking the AD's you make the future of this blog brighter! Thank you!

Advertisement

Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Book Review: Hart of Mine By Annie Arcane

Hart of Mine
(Cale & Mickey #4)
By Annie Arcane

God, this woman drives me insane.

In all of the good, most of the bad, and some of the ugliest ways imaginable. But it doesn't matter because she's mine. My little sadist. My crazy girl. My beautiful wife.

And you don't ever f*ck with what's mine.

Warning: Strong language, mature content, drama, and angst included. Shirt sold separately.


Goodreads Button
Available At:
| Amazon |

Check Out The Other Books In This Series:
(Linked to my review)


My Review:

This was a cute ending to this series. I still wish that the author would have published full books instead of novellas after the first one released. Overall, I'm satisfied with the way the story was finalized.

I like Mickey's humor and how she usually pushes back on wasting money (even though Cale seems to think it falls from the sky). In this novella, we finally find out how she and Cale ended up meeting, which was something that never crossed my mind after I finished the first book. I wish the author had elaborated on the situation between Mickey and Richard (the blackmail and her having to work in his building). That would have made for some plot enhancing twists and turns.

Cale is incredible. He doesn't let life get him down, even with the hand he was dealt. I like the dynamic he and Mickey have. He seems to be insecure about their relationship and that was surprising because of everything they've gone through together.

Even though this ending was beautiful, I still keep catching myself thinking up of 'what ifs'. This could have made for a much longer and more exciting series without all the time jumps and more content. I will say though that the dialogue in this novel was way better when compared to the other 3 books in this series. The witty banter was on point throughout the story.

My Favorite Quotes:

"Today, I wouldn't fight the inevitable. I'd surrender willingly."

"She challenged me, lured me to the edge of reason, pushed me off the f*cking cliff... And caught me every single time."

"She was my once-in-a-lifetime. My too-good-to-be-true."

My Rating:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...